South Carolina Appleseed is dedicated to advocacy for low-income South Carolinians and to effecting systemic change by acting in and through the courts, legislature, administrative agencies, community and the media. But in order to really make a difference, we must equip and inspire others to join in our efforts through education, training and co-counseling.
We are an accredited CLE provider, certified by the Commission on Continuing Legal Education & Specialization, and submit all of our trainings for CLE credits. We provide legal trainings on a variety of subjects for attorneys and legal staff throughout the year. Because we charge a much reduced rate for our trainings, we ask all private attorneys who wish to participate in our trainings to assist the legal services programs by taking pro bono referrals from time to time. For additional information about any of the CLEs listed, please contact us at email@example.com.
Have you recently attended one of our trainings? Please take a few minutes to complete this short survey so we can assess the future needs of our clients.
Below are dates for our 2014 trainings. We look forward to seeing you there and working with you to serve the needs of lower-income South Carolinians.
- February 7 – Substance Abuse / Ethics CLE
- April 11 – Family Law CLE
- Materials for Family Law CLE can be accessed here.
- April 11 – Veterans Legal Clinic CLE
- Materials for the Veterans Legal Clinic Training can be accessed here.
- June 6 – Consumer Law CLE
- Materials for the Consumer Law Training can be accessed here.
- August 15 – Trial Skills CLE
- Materials for the Trial Skills CLE can be accessed here.
- October 10 – Education Law CLE
- Materials for the Education Law CLE can be accessed here.
- November 21 – Housing Law CLE
- Materials for the Education Law CLE will be available here in the weeks prior to the CLE