South Carolina Appleseed Legal Justice Center’s attorneys often publish in their fields of expertise. SC Appleseed is proud to present our attorneys’ perspectives and law sightings in various publications. We hope their insights and opinions will persuade through sound logic and their passion for fair laws.
These articles have been featured in magazines, newspapers, legal publications and op-ed columns. SC Appleseed attorneys are frequently asked to comment on issues concerning SC’s laws and citizens. We are proud to present their efforts.
- The Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act: Keeping Tenants in the Loop and in Their Homes by Clanitra Stewart
- Senator Sows Fear by Sue Berkowitz
- Public Interest Issues for the Private Practitioner by Clanitra L. Stewart and Susan B. Berkowitz
- New Numbers Show Grim Truths by Sue Berkowitz
- Put Seasonal Spirit to Work by Frank Knapp, Jr and Sue Berkowitz
- Young Lawyers Assist Consumers Facing Foreclosure by Sue Berkowitz
- 10 Biggest Myths About Immigrants and the Law in SC by the Immigration Subcommittee, Access to Justice Committee, (of which Tammy Besherse was a contributing author to this piece)
- Nuts and Bolts of the Illegal Immigration Reform Act by Tammy Besherse
- SC Court Interpreters and the Rules of Professional Conduct by Tammy Besherse and Dr. Virginia Benmaman
- Young Lawyers’ Options for Public Interest Work by Clanitra L. Stewart
- Student Loan Repayment Assistant Program Open Doors to Public Interest Careers by Clanitra L. Stewart.
- The DREAMers: America’s undocumented Youth by Tammy Besherse
- Immigration Bill Would Be Tough to Enforce by Tammy Besherse
Brochures, pamphlets, and other materials on housing, elder care, consumer rights, family law, health, immigration, inter alia, and materials translated into Spanish can be found under the PUBLICATIONS dropdown tab.